2016 EAAL closing event and annual EBSN conference
On 2 and 3 June the closing 2016 EAAL event took place in Ljubljana. The conference with the title ‘National Policy – Local Implementation’ was linked to the annual conference of the European Basic Skills Network (EBSN). Findings and recommendations of four Promoting Adult Skills – Second round (PASS) and three ‘Key compteneces for improved employability’ events were presented.
The conference programme included contributions by the Slovenian minister of education, Dr Maja Makovec Brenčič, the representative of the European Commission, Unit for Vocational Education and Adult Education, Dana Carmen Bachmann, and several other speakers. Various aspects of the development of adult skills at EU and national level were presented. Coordinators of PASS and ‘Key competences for improved employability’ events 2016 discussed their findings and recommendations related to the practice and policy at local and national level. In addition, a regional roundtable of policy representatives from Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Slovenia took place. EPALE was presented as well.
- Dana Carmen Bachmann, EC: Basic skills in the context of the European Commission’s priorities
- Zvonka Pangerc Pahernik, SIAE: Adult skills in the European Agenda for Adult Learning: the Slovenian perspective
- Graciela Sbertoli, EBSN: The EBSN’s contribution to the Agenda: activities, plans and visions
- Ulrike Hanemann, UIL: Unpacking the literacy target of the Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Education 2030
- Estera Mozina and Petra Javrh, SIAE: Increasing adult skills and competences the Slovenian model
- Contributions by the EAAL events’ coordinators – roundtable
- Rumen Halachev, EPALE CSS: EPALE developments and plans
- Maruša Bajt, EPALE NSS Slovenia: EPALE Slovenia
- Roundtable discussion of EAAL and/or EPALE national coordinators from the SEE region on the theme ‘From national governance to local implementation: challenges and possibilities’: questions and video
Photos from the event:
(Author: Črt Lipej)
With the support of the Erasmus+ Programme:
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."
and the support of: